- This event has passed.
World Maritime Day Forum 2016
29 September 2016 @ 15:15 - 17:15
Join the Debate on Global Shipping’s Future Challenges
Billions of people all over the world rely on shipping for the essentials and the luxuries in life, shipping is indispensable, yet very few people realise it. Is shipping’s relative anonymity a problem and, if so, why? The World Maritime Day theme provides an opportunity for the shipping community to tell its story.
To help you prepare World Maritime Day features, please see materials which are available on the IMO’s webpage:
- Mr. Julian Bray, Editor-in-Chief, Tradewinds
- Mrs. Karin Orsel, CEO MF Shipping Group, Vice‑Chairman of ICS, Board member ISWAN and President WISTA
- Mr. Alistair Lindsay, Global Head of Inbound Logistics and Wholesale Operations of global retailer Tesco Plc.
- Rear Admiral Chris Parry CBE, retired naval officer, writer and broadcaster
- Ms. Hassiba Benamara, Economic Affairs Officer of UNCTAD’s Division on Technology and Logistics
The event will be streamed live, click here (prior registration is not needed)
The event will be live-streamed to media and the wider public.